Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thankful

I am slowly... very very slowly counting gifts of the Father along with a gratitude community over at A Holy Experience with Ann Voskamp.
The goal is 1000. The past 3 days have left me overwhelmed and with the urge to randomly spout, a little too loudly- "The Father is SO GOOD!"

11. Email that start with love and encouragement and end the same way from certain amazing boyfriends..
12. Pregnant best friends who are barely showing at 4 1/2 months
13. Conversation with my beautiful grandma and a prayer answered so soon. She begins to seek the Father as he woos her to himself.
14. Opening the presents under the Christmas tree via skype with my family and not feeling homesick
15. A team of incredible women who embrace me Christmas morning because i am feeling stressed instead of joyful. They pray before opening the gifts and the day is absolutely BURSTING with Joy.
16. Thankful for a brother team that thoughtfully makes christmas gifts that leave me gushing tears.
17. A long conversation with my beloved's mom. Her good advise, honesty and encouragement the best gift on Christmas.
18. My beautiful, funny family who welcomes friends, boyfriends into the family for Christmas dinner. The evidence that He is working mightily in them as He is in me.
19. A true Sabbath with so much peace and rest after a long few days of madness and unrest.
20. Getting to sing the worship of Silent Night before colleagues at our staff Christmas party.
21. The intentionality of a Christmas overseas and the possibility of future Christmases..

No comments:

Post a Comment