Thursday, February 9, 2012

He always knows what I need

*Update on the job search: I have applied to over 19 jobs in various fields. Still seeking which way I should go in the search. Have an appointment tomorrow to speak to someone about teaching ESL. Please pray!

   Today was one of those days where I had to choose to keep going, choose to have a good attitude, choose to believe in the seemingly impossible. It was one of those days when I heard so many lies I had to sing truth back into my marrow in order to just stay grounded. 
how I feel after all these job applications 



 (photo of Hank and I at the Grand Canyon)
   This job searching is harder than I thought it would be. I was naive in believing a college degree would guarantee a job I loved. Well, I still believe that job is out there but I am learning a bit about adulthood and the tenacity needed to press through times like this where no's are more common that yes's.
 
     Funny though how Jesus knows exactly how I am feeling and what I need. In a particularly low moment this afternoon, Hank called me with fresh excitement in his voice. He had a new idea for me and couldn't wait to share it. This morning in the shower (great place to think right?), he had what he called an epiphany. He got this idea to start a blog/website/online community to help encourage and fan the flames of passion for marriage. So, that is what we are planning now. What would that community look like? I am not sure but I am excited to discover it.
   
   Part of me worries that we are being rather presumptuous. We have only been married four months (as of yesterday-YAY!) and we are still technically newlyweds. What do we have to share with older couples who had weathered the storms much longer than we? Perhaps instead of telling them what we think we can gather their voices into one grand chorus in a place where others might come for encouragement and to seek truth.

     So my question for you is this: What would you include in an online marriage community? If you were building it, what features would you want it to have (such as advice, polls, scripture study, stories etc)?
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

      We want to share the passion we have with the world. Hopefully in sharing we will be able to continue to  be as excited about marriage as we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment