Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We are surrounded

Lately I have become so thankful for our two families. When we married, I knew I was getting a whole new family and one with different quirks, perks and problems. My own has plenty of issues but somehow we love eachother with a deep hearty love and we support eachother in everything.

      When Hank and I moved to Houston for this new job we knew it would mean lots of expenses that would somehow need to be covered. We weren't given a moving stipend and we weren't making a whole lot of money at our old jobs.

     We moved from a fully furnished 450sq. ft house to a non-furnished 1000+ sq. ft rent home. Immediately we were faced with the need to find a whole lot more furniture, a fridge, a washer and dryer and a lawn mower.

    This is when I am thankful for our built-in community, our family and friends that have supported us and loved us way way more than we deserved.

Right off the bat Hank's mom helped us by gifting us with money to buy appliances. My parents had been saving up furniture for us for years and we got our kitchen table, two dressers and even a lawn mower that wasn't being used from them.

   Hank's dad had an older but still in great condition washer and dryer that he "long-term loaned" us and some dear friends gave us a couch, love seat and recliner. When I look around our house I realize just how incredible the Lord is. He said he would provide for all our needs and He did. He used His people- our families and those he put in our lives to amply provide for us. I am still in awe. I am still overwhelmed by the generosity and love represented throughout our house.

    And somehow I feel a certain responsibility. I feel the need to "pay it forward." To look for needs to fill, to give and to support even the wildest dreams. I am learning that the wild dreams are the fun ones. It was wild to pick up and move here, not having any promise of a job, yet this has been the most fun adventure and great for our marriage. We are learning to trust together for His good and perfect plans.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment