Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dreaming about new beginnings

  The Pilot and I have been doing a lot of praying, an exhausting amount of talking and a bit of worrying of late. He was offered a job in another city a little less than far far away but still away. It has been a long process but we have finally decided to take the job and move.
     Though I have travelled and lived in other places, the first 18 years of my life were spent living within a 15 mile area in a small town with all my family nearby. Somehow this move is different from the move I made to college and then the move to China last year to teach English. Somehow it is more unexpected and requiring more of me to trust.
     Don't get me wrong, it was scary to move to college and scary to move to China where I knew No One. But looking back I almost expected both moves. I knew I would one day go to college and I knew I would one day graduate and go cross cultural.
       I am slowly learning that marriage requires a lot of trust... a lot. I trust Hank with our finances, making the big decisions, leading me, loving this heart I've given him completely. He has proven to be my champion time and again and each time I feel I love him more.
        This time it was hard to trust. Perhaps it was harder because there are people here I love and there were carefully laid plans waiting to be brought into action. Maybe it was because I didn't plan it. I have this little issue with not being in control.
         As we talked about it one evening early this week, I knew we would soon make the decision and I knew I had to let him do it. We finished decorating our tall spindly tree and started dancing around our little living room to the Christmas music playing off our computer. (Oh Love, I will always get goosebumps dancing with you).
    And he looked down at me and asked, "Kelsey, would you like to a new place with me?" In that moment or perhaps right before, I heard that still small voice saying this. "The peace is in saying yes."
      So I did. And now we are planning this move and I am gathering boxes and dreaming about a little apartment or a little house to decorate and about jobs I could have. And there is joy and freedom in the dreaming. Real Joy. The kind that makes me feel quite free in the midst of the unknown. It is joy and peace that reminds me we are right where He has us, even if I don't know where "Where" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment